June 3, 2010

To answer your question.....




Rosie
 said...Just curious, why do you want to move? I know I know you said "don't ask" but you didn't specify what not to ask ;) I'm just curious because I'm always bugging William to move me to CS but he thinks we'll miss D town too much.

Frankie: Well, I never considered myself a big city girl until I moved to a small city. The plans aren't to come home anytime in the near future. However; my philosophy is to get your ducks lined up in a row. As previous posts, I was never planning on staying here. It was looked at as a stepping stone for D's career. If we don't own a house here and something comes open we will be ready.  
This city CS is a great city. It's small, there isn't any traffic, people are friendly (sometimes too friendly), you can buy a lot bigger house for your money (the house I live in now would prob sell for over 5-600,000 there and is almost half the cost here especially since the market dropped), it does feel a touch safer, and it's family oriented. It's also great to be next to one of the highest peaks, and great outdoor surroundings. It's just not home. I liked living next to Red Rocks, I had trails right outside of my door, I love being near downtown (a real downtown), it's only 40min away from all the ski resorts and mountain towns, not that I'm a big sporting fan but I do enjoy on a whim heading downtown for a baseball game, and most importantly that is where our support group lives (close friends and family).
I have met a lot of great people here. I have a ton of "mom friends" and feel very fortunate to have met so many great people. I do believe I was brought here for a reason and I have learned tons about myself during the past 4 years. But like I said before, it's just not home

1 comment:

  1. I see.. I see.. makes sense. I guess I don't really have an attachment to Denver since I didn't grow up here, but then again I don't have an attachment to CA either. Hmm maybe I would feel the same way if I ever left Denver. Who knows. I won't ever because William won't budge ;) Anyways, that'll be nice to have you back when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete