December 9, 2009

Has it been an entire month.....?????

I haven't been blogging too much lately.  It takes a lot of time and written words don't come easy for me.  So.....here goes in a summary:

Our very best friends in this new city we live in moved far away.  I'm heart broken!  Seriously, heart broken.  It was a couple that we hit it off with from Chi town.  Pickle's best friend, my new town best friend, our hang out couple, and we both had new little Peanuts together.  They don't plan on coming back to the mountains so.....tears of sadness!

Our house is back on the market.  If it sells, it sells and if it doesn't sell, it wasn't meant to be.

I'm officially starting a photography business.  It's my dream, passion and desire.  I have always, always taken pictures for my friends and family.  Ever since my first Nikon film camera back in the early 90's I have been hooked.  I want my career to be my passion and my passion to be my career.  I have always had the "EYE" for photography, now I'm learning the technical side to photography.  My specialty is children and families outdoor.  I like candid work of kids and capturing that special moment for people.  What I noticed is that there isn't a wide range of photography businesses.  There are the high-end photographers who charge 500 for a sitting fee and keep the copyright to the photos then there are the cheesy mall photographers that rope you in with props and a $125 dollar package with their logo.  I want families to come to me more frequent.  I want to sign over my copyright so they can do what they want with the photos, digital scrapbook, make prints for their families and so on.

You can take a look at my work at www.gwinnerphotography.blogspot.com
I'm working on a website but for now I'm blogging my work.  I'll keep you all updated.

Pickle is a 2years old going on 13!  She is a Mess with a capital M!  This is her latest.....I'm kid swapping with another girl and I have her 2 year old and 6m. old.  I'm busy with the babies and the girls are upstairs playing kitchen.  I hear Pickle say that she has to go potty and send her on her way.  Not a big deal for her.  A few minutes later I hear Faank key, Faank key, Faank key HELP.  Then within that same moment I hear water gushing.  I run upstairs to see her holding a plunger in the toilet and water is full blast pouring out on to the floor.  There is about an inch of toilet water covering my bathroom floor.  I turn off the knob behind the toilet.  Pickle starts saying flood, flood, mama flood.  I soak up the toilet water with 15 or so towels and shut the door.  An hour later I'm standing in my dining room downstairs and I hear a drip, drip, drip to find 5+ drip size holes of water dripping all over the floor.  Oops.  This isn't going to help my "I want 3 kids argument when D gets home."

Pickle is amazing, counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 8, 19, 20.  She was in the store and starting yelling Hanney Manney (I suppose she is watching a little too much Nickelodeon, he is a latino handy man for those of you who don't know Handy Maney).  She loves Elmo and Abby and Zoe, I still refuse to dress her in her favorite characters but I'm this close to allowing Elmo pj's.  Yes, I said it.    She pretends to cook mac and cheese with dirt at the park.  She calls her brother "Bubba or Stinky."  She says "Daddy do it" when it's something she doesn't want to do (I'm not reinforcing this behavior).  She constantly says "I tttttttrrrryyyyyyyy (try).  She wakes up in the morning, takes off her pull-up, throws it away, gets panties on, gets dressed, and turns her muzack on loud.  She cried when I tried to put on a boy snow suit ( I tried to save money by buying a black snow suit so Peanut could wear it next year), she said "mama Bubba's".  I HAVE NEVER influenced her choices based off pink or blue.  Not sure where she learned this.  Oh and believe it or not....our little independent one.....screams bloody murder when I drop her off at the cool gym's daycare.  It's the best gym daycare I have ever seen with age separate rooms, fun teachers, stations and she hates it!  I watch her on the video monitor shaking the door and screaming anytime a teacher comes up to comfort her.  I haven't given up yet, they said it takes about a month or so.  I go at 530 to get my workout in and then take her back during the day to try and get her warmed up.  They always come and get me during my workout.  Kinda a pain!  This list of things goes on and on.

Peanut is the most sensitive little guy.  He gets his feelings hurt so easily.  Especially if Pickle does something to him.  He stays mad for awhile and when she comes over to give him a hug, he whimpers and looks for his mama.  He is a total Mama's boy!  Little man is sweet, lovable, happy, easygoing, and is always laughing.  Peanut is getting into everything!  He is cruising along the furniture, crawling at full speed, saying Dada and Baba.  He's a total talker.  He is totally intrigued by Daisy.  He watches her and laughs hysterically.  He has already found his special blankie that Big mama made for him.  He sucks his ring finger and middle finger together like he's throwing gang signs.  He's a sleeper like his big sis was.  He is determined and I mean DETERMINED.  He gets an idea and doesn't forget about it.  He will go after something until he has it in his hand.  He has 4 top teeth and 2 bottom.  And most importantly, he lets his mommy rock him before bed ;-)        

Big D is staying busy with work and has really taken an interest in my photography business.  He has been researching professional camera equipment, learning the in's and out's of photoshop cs4 and lightroom and is learning how to take better pictures.  It's nice to have his support and encouragement.

And me????  I'm working on making myself a better person.  Life is too short to be angry, bitter and sad about things in the past that you can't change.
I'm at a point where I'm trying to focus on myself to make myself a happier individual.  The happier I am the more I can give to my husband and children.  I'm tired of trying to make other people happy (Big D, Pickle and Peanut excluded).  I'm over negative people that blame everyone else for their unhappiness.  I'm focusing on the new year ahead and I refuse to look back at my life to see that I gave to everyone except myself.
Heres a few quotes that made me think.....

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.  ~Jan Glidewell


Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.  ~Cherokee Indian Proverb



Often we don't realize who we're meant to be because we're so busy trying to live out someones else's ideas.  But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny. ~Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment